Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

So I was at my knitting group lastnight and we started talking about afghans...

Some of us knit and crochet so we started talking about some cute crochet afghans. Jacob's Ladder designs seemed to be quite popular and there are a few of them....

Bev's Country Cottage has two designs

Jacob's Ladder Afghan 


Jacob's Ladder Using 4 Colors

Another Jacob's Ladder, using 4 colors
Jacob's Ladder Looks Awesome in one color as well :)
Jacob's Ladder using a monochromatic look 



























Round Jacob's Ladder Blanket for Babies




This one uses 3 strands of wool
together for a tweed look
.
Using 3 colors



Uses 3 colors as well, just different
widths of stripes.










Uses 3 bright colors











Bev also has a a cute afghan that is called Kitties in a Row.
Kitties in a Row

(Can also be found as “Remember the Kittens” by Joan Kokaska in the Great Big Crochet Afghan book by the American School of Needlework.)



Pattern is easily adaptable for a blanket for a preemie to an adult. Note that using a different weight yarn (e.g. a baby weight) will require a different size hook.
Blanket is square.

Adult sized arghan is approximately 40” x 60” But you can make it any size you wish by adding more or fewer rows.


actually crocheted this for a friend's baby shower using Astra and Lewiscraft Baby DK, all in purples. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it :( It turned out very cute! I loved it!


Kitties in a Row-Browns

Kitties in a Row-Blues and Teals

Kitties in a Row-Greys

Kitties in a Row-Rainbow

Kitties in a Row-Black & White

Doll Blanket Kitties in a Row


























I plan on crocheting these in 2012. Just need to figure out which one first :D

Cora

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)