Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Friday, December 24, 2010

So I got tons of knitting and crocheting done, yeah!

Alan Dart's Original Chick and Egg
First of all I knitted Alan Dart's Chick and Egg (pictured left). There is a bit of a story behind that which was brought to my attention through none other than Alan Dart himself. A young father had contacted Alan has his 3 yr old had lost the knitted chick his mother gave him. Unfortunately the little guy's mom passed away. I thought about it and checked my yarn stash and found I had the exact same colors, not the same thinkness as Alan uses DK (double knit/sport weight) yarn. The colors I found were in a Worsted Weight yarn, which is almost standard here in Canada. It is easier to get a hold of WW as opposed to DK. So it took me a bit, had the pieces knitted, just needed to sew the pieces together. So here are the pics.




Chick in the Egg


Chick out of the Egg
Original Sock Monkey 
So the second thing I got accomplished was crocheting some Sock Monkey ornaments (original shown on the left) for my co-workers.  I work at Nygard Fashions in Mayfield Commons. The women I work with are the greatest. I had been trying to figure out what to give them as a Christmas gift and the one thing was  that they loved the little toys I had been showing them. When Red Heart Yarns kept showing the Sock Monkey Ornaments, featured in their 12 weeks of Christmas, on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/redheartyarns) and on twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/RedHeartYarns), I just knew that I had to crochet them. So I got them finished yesterday, just in time to take to work yesterday evening. Everyone loved their gifts.






 Hope you enjoyed the little story!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year!

Cora


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)