Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Friday, November 19, 2010

EPBOT: Geek Girls, ACTIVATE!!

I had to share this story about a young 1st grader who got teased for carrying a Star Wars Water bottle to school. Please read more here. EPBOT: Geek Girls, ACTIVATE!! you leave a comment that will get passed onto Katie (the young girl in the story.

I love this quote from Yoda...
Yoda said "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering"
(This is the original post: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/portrait_of_an_adoption/2010/11/katie-the-star-wars-girl-part-2.html#ixzz15lUOtElD)
Truer words have never been spoke.

Not sure which water bottle is in question as there are so many out there.  These are just some of the ones I found:


 Not sure why there would such an issue over a water bottle. We need to encourage our children to be the people they were meant to be. Bullying doesn't help that it makes it worse.  This is the second story I have seen in less than a month on this. It needs to stop!

It can be found here: http://nerdyapplebottom.com/2010/11/02/my-son-is-gay/ wow some of the comments were way off base here from the other mothers. So here is a 5 yr old boy who loves Scooby Doo.  I personally think he ROCKED the costume and so what if he chose to dress up as Daphne?  It is a crazy world that we live in right now and our children are the ones who have to deal with it.

So whether it is a young girl who loves Star Wars or a young man who decides to dress up as Daphne...GET OVER IT, people! They are kids who should be able to be themselves.

Cora




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)