Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Some Dog Sweaters...

Original Hot Dog Coat (same picture at both links) 


Well as most of you know weather here can get pretty cold in the fall. So i decided that Leo needed a sweater or two. I cam across this sweater, called the Hot Dog Crochet Coat that was featured in a Hooked on Crochet Newsletter. Caron Internationals has the pattern as well, called the Hot Dog Coat.


So I grabbed some trusty Red Heart Yarn. This is a dog sweater and will need to stand up to tons of washing.  My step-daughter also asked for the same dog sweater for her dog Tuck, so i m working on both at the same time so I don't get bored. Hubby shook his head, I think in resignation...lol.

The Outer Buns of the sweater with Leo
So I now have the Outer buns done for both coats and I am starting the Inner Buns. What a cute pattern but one that is difficult to crochet watching tv, especially during Dog Whisperer. I love how Cesar is with dogs..."I rehabilitate dogs and I train people." Love it.  His book Cesar's Way is a fascinating, no holds barred book. What a fascinating man.

Skull Motif Dog Coat
So while on the Caron Website I discovered this awesomely adorable sweater called Skull Motif Dog Coat also available at Favecrafts.com under the title of Skull Dog Coat. This one is so cute! The skull is a pocket and depending on the size of coat there is one pocket or two.  I am planning on crocheting a couple of these as well. I think it will give Leo that dapper look don't you?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)