Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Have you ever thought about adopting a dog, rather than buying them?

Thankfully there are many rescue groups Edmonton. Some are breed specific such as Alberta Dachshund Rescue, Border Collie Friends Rescue, Herding Dog Rescue (for any herding breed), or for the mixed breeds. There is PAWS for Life, Alberta Small Dog Adoption Network, Second Chance Animal Rescue Society, and the Animal Rescue Foundation.


My hubby and I got our dog, Leo, last year through PAWS for Life. He is doing well and we are thinking of adding to our family of furry friends. As you know, we also have 4 cats in addition to the dog.


Snowball


Patches
Smokey
Tyger
Leo
Left: Suzy  Right: Little Guy
Digger
Patches and Smokey are my cats and Smokey and Tyger are the hubby's. Patches is 6 and Snowball is 7. Smokey and Tyger are in their early teens. Leo is 10 this year. So as I said we are hoping to add to this little family. Earlier this year, in May I met Suzy and Little Guy at a PAWS adoption event. We have since seen Little guy at the Eastwood Off Leash Park (in the ice rink area). However we fell in love with Digger. He appears to a min-pin/dachshund cross. He is adorable! We have applied to adopt Digger and hopefully will hear soon. Digger actually cried when we left! Here's hoping :)


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)