Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hoping to adopt a companion dog for Leo


So Leo is not adjusting well to the fact that I am working full-time, he has separation anxiety. We have been working on who is boss in the house. I spoke to Nicole (the lady who started PAWS for Life, where we got Leo) and she says we need to crate him when we are gone. I agree...Leo does not, neither does hubby for that matter.

Anywhoo a friend suggested we get Leo a companion to help him as it would give him someone to play with and company. Somedays I want to strangle hubby as he fights with me about how to crate Leo. I turn on the tv and sound. When hubby is not home the crating goes smoothly, when he is home not so much...*sigh*.

So on Sunday we went to an adoption event that PAWS was having. We had been looking at a dog named Little Guy and I wanted hubby to meet Suzy, who I had met at a previous adoption event. She is a cheweenie, although PAWS doesn't think so.

Left: Suzy Right: Little Guy
Suzy is not fond of men and basically she was growling at hubby the whole time. I have been told that once she gets used to you she is fine, its the initial meeting. Then we met Digger...he is a min-pin/dachshund cross. He is loving and affectionate.

Digger
DH and I fell head over heels for him.

DH holding Digger
DH holding Digger
Digger and me














We are really hoping that we will get picked to adopt this little guy. So please send out good vibes, prayers and thoughts so we can adopt him.

Cora


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)