Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Thursday, September 1, 2011

So who decorates for Halloween?

I am not a huge fan of Halloween, hearkening back to traumatic events as a young mom. When I lived in Abbotsford, BC I had a preschooler (5 at the time) a toddler (3 at the time) and was pregnant with my third. I was a high risk pregnancy but needed to get the kids out of the house for a while. Members of my parenting group suggested a yearly event that was "supposed" to be "appropriate" for all ages. It wasn't! My kids had nightmares for many months after that. The "haunted" house was so scary that my youngest was literally climbing me and my unborn baby! The scariest thing was they didn't have an escape route for those that were unable to deal with it. It was very traumatic for both kids and me! Think Jason or Freddy or Mike you will understand what I am talking about...never again!

Now I just like to knit or crochet some cute toys to decorate with. So here are some cute ideas!

Alan Dart


"Now autumn is approaching, it's time to start thinking about 'tricot treats', so this month's Little Devil pattern should keep you out of mischief and help you to have a hauntingly happy Halloween. On the products page you'll also find my Witch and Cat and Jack O'Lantern and Maizey patterns, also Simply Knitting features my Hallowe'en Hamsters this month, so you could create a whole gang of wacky characters to give a hand with all that pumpkin-carving.
Little Devil
Little Devil
Vampire Bat
Vampire Bat





Halloween Hamsters knitted toy
Issue 85: Halloween Hamsters
Lion Brand Yarns (You will need to sign up for free for these patterns...only takes a few minutes)

Here is the search result for other designs

Image of <font color=red>Halloween</font> Treat Bags
Halloween Treat Bags
Image of Amigurumi Spider Ornament
Amigurumi Spider



Bernat and Lily all have some cute Halloween designs.

Bernat (other designs can be found here, remember you will need to sign up to view and it is free!)
KW - Skeleton Mittens (knit)
Skeleton Mitts (knit)











Lily (other designs can be found here, remember you will need to sign up to view and it is free!)
Sugar'n Cream - Witch Dishcloth (crochet)
Witch Dishcloth (crochet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)