Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wow what a way to begin 2011!

Our dog, Leo, who is a long haired miniature dachshund had to be taken into the emergency vet on Sunday. He was having difficulties in walking and looked as if he was in pain. Well he was as we found out that he had a herniated disc. We tried the conservative approach, the whole crating and wait and see, well that wasn't going so well. You see Leo is a very active and loving dog. He wants to be with his humans. He loves to lay on the couch with us and watch tv, especially the Dog Whisperer. So we know from Cesar that dogs need exercise, discipline and affection...in that order. We have had difficulties with walking Leo as he hates the cold. Being a senior dog, I can understand, as I am not fond of the cold like I was as a kid.

Leo-January 5, 2011 (just before being taken in for the surgery.
So Leo ended up having surgery yesterday and did very well. So well he is coming home today! I have been told they don't usually release them the next day so this is good. He will still need to be crated so he doesn't aggravate the surgery site, bust still he will do better. I will keep everyone posted.

On the knitting/crochet front:

Ia m almost done the 2nd stocking that I had to knit to replace the stocking that got lost lost in the mail. The other one was a plain knit stocking with candy canes all over it.  This one is one from Jean Greenhowe. The books is called Christmas Special. I love Jean's designs as they are very easy but chock full of detail. The stocking is the Called Santa Stocking.

Jean's Christmas Stocking (Santa is third form the left)
Here a couple of pictures of the almost completed stocking. I just need to stitch on the moon and stitch the stocking together. I also need to knit up Santa's bag that I forgot.

I have also bee crocheting loads more amigurumi's. I have found some of the cutest ones on the interwebs...

1) Set of 3 Heroes from seaandlighthouse 

Contains patterns for all three characters.  If you want Superman or Batman you can purchase them individually. Unfortunately it appears as if Spiderman is not a separate pattern.

Check out her other designs they are way to cute!

Superman, Spiderman and Batman
2) Blueberry Treasure (aka Sue Pendleton)
Sue has some of the most amazing designs out there! They are fantastic and feature many small details:

Here are but just a few of my favorites!

Santa and Mrs. Claus in Miniature
I remember my sister sewing me a Raggedy Ann and Andy (which were unfortunately destroyed by an ex of mine but that is another story). They were my favorite dolls, well Sue has some wonder full designs that remind me of these dolls. She calls them Emma And Jackson. Emma also has her own doll Lizzie, while Jackson has Chester. Emma also has Halloween Costumes.

Sue Pendleton Designs on Etsy and on Ravelry
There are some wonderful designers out there.  Check them out.

Cora


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)