Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I found the coolest amigurumi pattern generator featured on Craftzine.com...check it out!

Online Amigurumi Pattern Generator


online_amigurumi_pattern_generator.jpg

Our friends at Lion Brand Yarn Studio point us to this handy online amigurumi pattern generator. You can adjust the size, shape and placement of the parts of the figure and once you are satisfied, a simple click generates the pattern for the amigurumi. It looks like it could be a good place to get started with creating your own amigurumi or work out designs that have you stuck.

Don't be put off by the mixture of terms. You could do this as a knit or a crochet design. The cast on could also be a magic ring method in crochet, or used as cast on for knitting. To increase in knitting, use the KFB (knit in the front and back of the same stitch) increase. In crochet you would use sc and the increase would be 2 sc in the same stitch.

I think I am going to give this a shot and see what I can come up with.

Cora

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)