Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Procol Harum-November 9, 2010

So Da Camara Singers performed with Procol Harum (http://www.procolharum.com/) and the ESO (Edmonton Symphony Orchestra) November 9 and 10, 2010.  It was sold out both night. My husband is a member of Da Camara Singers.  This is the information from the program and yes, hubby got autographs.


This is the song set:


Homburg
Shine on Brightly
Grand Hotel
Simple Sister
Mr Blue Day (Gary at microphone, Josh at piano)
Whaling Stores
Something Magic
A Salty Dog (in honour of Remembrance Day and others that look down from above)

Intermission

A Whiter Shade of Pale (the two recorded verses)
Toujours l'Amour
Fires (Which Burnt Brightly)
Butterfly Boys
In Held 'Twas in I (Matt Pegg narrating the second spoken part: standing ovation)

Encore

Conquistador



So anyways I end up backstage to meet with hubby and we get invited to an exclusive party for those that have been invited. So here I am backstage and I get to meet the member of Procol Harum and then I see Gord Steinke from Global Edmonton News. I also got to me his wife who is just the sweetest lady.

We spent about an hour with Josh just talking keyboards, Macs and iPhones. He is such a personable character. It was an amazing and surreal time...wow! Josh is one of hubbies keyboardist heroes.  The band was also teasing DH for have a 3 GS iPhone instead of a 4 GS one...too funny :-)

Josh Philips and DH

We also got to spend some time with Gary Brooker and the rest of the band as well.

DH and Cary Brooker
DH, Gary Brooker and Bill Evans (ESO Conductor)


DH got some time to talk with the drummer, Geoff Dunn about issues helping his son with his drumming as he is ambidextrous and has had issues with crossing his arms to play. So they are talking technique in these photos.

DH and Geoff Dunn

DH and Geoff Dunn with Josh Philips looking on.
 We did gat a chance ot speak with Matt Pegg and his father who was in the original Procol Harem, Dave Pegg.

Left to Right: Gary Brooker, Dave Pegg, Gord Steinke, Geoffrey Charles Whitehorn
 All in all a great night! I do have other pictures however I decided not to post them.

Cora


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)