Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Da Camara Singers...

Well as most of you know, my hubby is a musician and is involved with the Da Camara Singers. Incidentally the choir will be celebrating 50 yrs in 2011-2012 season, yours truly is involved with the anniversary committee.  They are an awesome group and if you can get their newest cd called Eulogies, grab it.  I love it, I actually need to add it to my music in my Storm 2.  I love the music.

So anywhoo...May is a busy month for the choir.  They have a 2 performances on the May 8 and 9 weekend, then they are off to Saskatoon to perform at Saskatchewan Choral Federation on the May long weekend.


The Saskatchewan Choral Federation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to the elevation and enhancement of choral music in Saskatchewan. Established in 1978, the SCF works to promote the art of choral music, encourage high standards of artistic attainment, maximize the number of singers and choirs in the province and grow and develop appreciative audiences.

Significant funding is received from the Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund for Sport, Culture and Recreation with the assistance of SaskCulture and the Saskatchewan Arts Board.

So here are the dates and times:
Calgary
Date:          Saturday, May 8, 2010
Time           7:30 PM 
Location:    Cathedral Church of the Redeemer
Street:        218 7th Ave. SE
City/Town: Calgary
Edmonton

Date:          Sunday, May 9, 2010
Time           3:00-5:00 PM 
Location:    First Baptist Church
Street:        10031 109 Street
City/Town: Edmonton
       

Saskatoon
Spiritus Chamber Choir & Da Camera Singers in Concert
Description:  Podium 2010 SPOTLIGHT Concert featuring the Spiritus Chamber Choir from Calgary and Edmonton's Da Camera Singers.
Location: Knox United Church, 838 Spadina Crescent E., Saskatoon
Event Date:  21-May-10
Start Time:  1:00 PM
End Time:  2:30 PM
Website:  http://saskchoral.stsolo.com/html/programs_services/PS_Podium_2010/index.cf    



I am excited this is a a great group of singers! So if you are in Calgary, Edmonton or Saskatoon, please come and check us out!

Until next time :)

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)