Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Saturday, October 10, 2009

How to use Excel to Design your Basic Picture Dishcloth

How to use Excel to Design your Basic Picture Dishcloth
Cora Shaw-October 2009 copyright©


Step 1: Choose you Sample Picture (In my case I choose a simple picture-The Triangle with a circle)

Original Picture


Then enlarge the picture:

Sample Picture


Step 2: You will need to open up a Microsoft Excel Workbook, then you will need to adjust the Columns.

Step 1


Adjust Columns to 2.00 (19 Pixels)

Step 2


Continue adjusting the columns so that it is bigger than your intended picture.

Step 3


Step 4: Now you will choose the background so you can fill in the cells with color.


Step 4a


Now put your picture in that you want to use as a chart.

Step 4b


Step 5: Now you will start to fill in with the highlight color in the cell. Click on the paint pot in the tool bar

Tool Bar


Step 5


Continue Filling in the colors.

Step 6


Step 7: You will want to check to see how the design is coming along.

Step 7


I found the line at the bottom of the triangle to be too thick once I removed the background picture.

Step 8


So I removed the second line and continued to fill in the rest of the color.

Step 9


Step 10: This is how the chart will look with the background still on.

Step 9


Step 11: This is what it looks like without the background picture.

Step 10

Step12: You will need to adjust the amount of color to get the final chart.

Final Chart:




Now you are ready to put the Chart into a Document. IF you have any question please feel free to contact me at Cora.Shaw@shaw.ca.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)