Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Monday, March 23, 2009

Wow, I signed in at Ravelry today and guess what? They are looking for a part-time Community Support position! How cool is that! So naturally I had to apply. I have been figuring out this blogging thing and how to get my computer running correctly.

As soon as the hubby gets the Office programs that he bought through work, I am getting a brand new computer with Windows XP. I absolutely refuse to go to Vista! Vista sucks big time!

Anywhoo back to Ravelry...here is the ad: http://blog.ravelry.com/2009/03/20/want-to-work-for-ravelry-community-support-position-available/

So you had to answer some questions and I thought I would post my answers here...

1) Why do you want to work for Ravelry?

I would love to work for Ravelry for the following reasons:

  • The community is a wonderful community and who wouldn't want to be involved in the knitting/crochet community?
  • Ravelry has become my favorite go to place to find patterns, to find my favorite designers and to be able to further learn how to substitute yarns.
  • I have been very impressed with Ravelry, how it is run, how it has been developed and how it has grown.
  • The team has addressed the various issues with decorum and care. That is a company worth working for.

2) What qualities, technical experience (computer and crafty!) and skills could you bring to our little team?

My experiences are as follows:

COMPUTER:

  • Comfortable working in a Windows environment
  • Proficient in MS Word and Excel
  • Courses in Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Quick Books
  • Experienced with the Internet and e-mail
  • I do have my own blog at www.craftygal1965.blogspot.com
  • Keyboarding speed is 29 wpm
  • At Guildford Gardens, reviewed, compiled and summarized existing forms and parent/staff information. Did design and layout for new Parent Guide and Staff Handbook.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

  • As a call centre agent at Pizza Hut/KFC took orders and changed orders as needed. Questions were escalated as appropriate: to customer service and verifications.
  • Explained how promotions worked and helped customers plan their orders.
At Lewiscraft:
  • Asked customers if they needed anything and if they did what they were looking for. If we didn't have the item, I would phone to the other stores and see if they had the item. If not, then a special order was made to Head Office for the item.
  • Helped people with any knitting, crocheting or cross stitch questions that they have. In addition to teaching the people that have not done this before.

3) If you were a yarn-producing fiber, what would you be and why?

If I were a yarn producing fiber, I would want to be a merino sheep. Merino is dependable, warm, and yet cool. It will do what you need it to do although there is some care that it needs so it doesn’t felt unintentionally.


I really hope I get this position. We had to have the questions and resumes in by Friday, March 27th. So here is hoping!

Cora



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)