I came across this group on Ravelry and on the this blog. You can find out more information on the right. Please click on the button pictured. This looks like fun. Below is the answers to the posted questionnair.
Big Bag KAL/Swap Questionnaire
· Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
I knit and crochet.
o For how long?
Knitting 20 yrs
Crochet 15 yrs
· What other crafts do you do, if any?
I do sewing, cross stitch and plastic canvas embroidery.
· What are your favorite colors?
I love earth tones, especially greens and blues
My NHL colors (Edmonton Oilers)-blue, copper and white
My CFL colors (Edmonton Eskimos)-green and gold, with small amount of white and black
o Colors you loathe?
Purple, pinks and reds
· Favorite yarn brands?
I usually use Noro Kureyon, Paton’s Classic Wool, Cascade 220 and Peaches and Cream yarns.
o Fiber types?
I love all fibres except for mohair. I am allergic to it.
o Yarn you can't stand?
Allergic to Mohair.
· What is your favorite type of item to knit/crochet?
Bags, Dishcloths, Cardigans, Afghans
· What kind of needles do you like? (i.e. circular, straight, metal, bamboo, etc.)
I prefer circular to straight, much easier on shoulder and wrists. Bamboo has become my new favorite. I have fallen in love with Addi Turbos.
· Any knitting tools you lack but crave?
I love the beaded stitch markers and they are hard to find here, especially for the bigger needles that are used in felting.
· Patterns you've been dying to get but haven't yet?
- Dying To Crochet by Bendy Carter (desperately seeking, where it is available I need a credit card which we don’t have)
- Gourmet Crochet Sugar and Spice
- Gourmet Crochet Suzette Doll
- Maggie's Crochet Marnie the Milk Cap Doll and Wardrobe
- Maggie's Crochet Super Easy Chunky Moneys Pattern
- Anything by Drew Emborsky
I drink all of the above.
o Flavors you love/hate?
The only flavor I don’t like is Irish Cream.
· Favorite sweets & snacks?
What else, chocolate
· Any pets, kids, spouses?
We have 4 cats.
Between us 6 children (15, 16, 18, 19, 20 and 20), thankfully non live with us
o Spouses that act like pets or kids? (j/k)
Yep the hubby on both counts…lol.
· Favorite things to knit/crochet for the above, if applicable?
Afghans, dishcloths, wearables, and purses.
· What kinds of books do you like to read?
o Favorite authors or genres?
- Debbie Macomber (have all her books)
- Kathy Reichs
- Faye and Jonathon Kellerman
Cows, angels, frogs and turtles
· What, if any, are your non-craft related hobbies?
Reading, music, attending my husbands concerts, community involvement.
I am a huge Canadian Football League fan. My team is the Edmonton Eskimos (green, gold, with small amounts of white and black)
I also follow the NHL. My team is the Edmonton Oilers (blue, copper and white)
· Scents you adore? Scents that make you gag?
NO PERFUME, SERVERLY ALLERGIC!!!!!!!
· What is your idea of a relaxing time?
Spending time with my husband, knitting and crocheting
· Oh yeah, are you on Ravelry and if so, care to share your Ravelry ID?