Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

R.I.P. Lennox

What a sad, sad world we live in, when a dog is murdered for looking or being a certain breed. Lennox was not an aggressive dog. The family did everything right. They licensed him, vaccinated and neutered him and, most importantly loved and trained him well. In other words they loved and cared for this magnificent dog.

Breed Specific Legislation is not the answer. Training and education is. I ♥ the pitties, but I also know that I physically do not have the strength to control them, that I wouldn't own one. My pups, especially Scrappy who is a puller, are enough. Also did you know that the Dachshund is the number 1 offender for dog bites? We have a purebred and 2 Doxie crosses, so we know.

My heart is breaking for Lennox's family at this time. R.I.P. Lennox, your death will NOT be in vain!

I woke up to the message on FB:

Liked · about an hour ago 

I woke this morning to a message from Victoria Stilwell that the Belfast City Council had ignored her offer to bring Lennox to the United States, and put him to death this morning despite two years of fierce legal fighting by his family, the protests of hundreds of thousands of people all over the world, and increasing media coverage. This is a dog not even accused of being aggressive; he was taken under a national breed ban law based solely on his looks. Why do you think the city of Belfast acted this way?
  • work with my local pit bull rescue (Pit Bulls for Life)
  • educate and advocate for the wonderful dogs
  • speak at any City of Edmonton committee or Public Hearing regarding these amazing dogs
I also want to tell you about an amazing educational program being ran by the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in the UK.

They have a pattern available for purchase using card:

Staffie knitting pattern
£2.00 Staffie knitting pattern
Check out their Facebook pg as well

Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)