Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I know...another post on the plight of dogs but it needs to be done.

So I was blissfully on Facebook...unaware as to what was going to pop up on my News Feed.

How ever now that I have seen I need to sharea nd speek on it as I am sooooo frustrated right now!

So anywhoo...*calming breath*...this is what I saw.


Please share and report this group. If you are on Twitter share there as well. We need to protect these animals! You do not have to like the group to report it , just right click on the screw next to like then click on "Report Page" follow the instructions.



This site is for dog lovers by dog lovers. The truth is that dog fighting has been cast in a very negative light. It’s a real shame that many heinous crimes within our borders and beyond go unpunished while we focus on something as harmless as dog fights. Dog fighting is a beautiful sport that real...

Page: 79 like this

Yes, you are reading it correctly...so I reported it to Facebook...here is their response.
Facebook notification+o66yz0z9@facebookmail.com
9:04 PM (16 hours ago)
to me
Hi,

Thanks for your recent report of a potential violation on Facebook. After reviewing your report, we were not able to confirm that the specific page you reported violates Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.

Learn more about what we do and don't allow by reviewing the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards.

Thanks,
Viki

Give us feedback to let us know how we are doing: https://www.facebook.com/survey/take.php?survey_id=242477152482072&cid=419975011379155
Dogfighting is illegal in Canada and the United States, yet Facebook is allowing this activity to go on...what did Michael Vick buy major shares in Facebook? This is deplorable! I have contacted the FBI (http://www.fbi.gov/) as well as signing this petition...


Please sign this petition....https://www.change.org/petitions/facebook-ban-pages-and-groups-endorsing-dog-fighting#


Also on this site they were talking about a Google App for Android that promoste Dog Fighting.



I was unable to find a way to have this removed. It is illegal to actually promote an illigal crime, so why is the game here?


Cora


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)