Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wow I can't believe I haven't posted since May 23, 2011...wow!

PenisPoopCakeWaffle Socks
I really must have been busy...and I assure I was...lol. Okay so the last post mention the PenisPoopCakeWaffle Socks, well they are completed. I used the Berrocco Metallic Sox-the picture doesn't do the color justice. It is a beautiful jewel tone which is gorgeous. I love how the socks turned out and plan on knitting more socks.

I have found out that I love knitting socks so I joined a group on Ravelry called Summer of Socks 2011. We are doing 3 socks for the KAL.

Summer Spirals
Medallion Lace Socks
The first sock is Summer Spirals which is a sock knit in cotton. I plan on knitting these in a cotton with a bit of elastic in it called Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Cotton Stretch, it is a gorgeous purple.

The second sock is the Medallion lace socks which is gorgeous! I still need to decide what yarn to knit these with, but I have time before knitting them.


Kroy Sock Yarn
Summer Lovin Socks
The final sock in the KAL is Summer Lovin Socks, these are absolutely scrumptious! I could totally see these in a monochromatic ombre color. I was gifted some gorgeous Kroy sock yarn last year, that I think would lovely in this pattern.



Then I discovered that I LOVE fingerless gloves, although the half fingers not so much...lol. so I decided to join in on the Fingerless Gloves Fanatics Groups; 11 Pairs of Fingerless Gloves in 2011. So I was unable to decide which ones to do so I listed a few more than 11 to see which ones I can get done first.

So this is my list....11 Pairs of Fingerless Gloves in 2011 

  1. Afternoon Tea Fingerless Gloves
  2. Baby Elephant Walk
  3. Boo! Fingerless Gloves
  4. dachshund fingerless gloves
  5. Driver X 2
  6. Curiosity
  7. Mobius Mitts-Crocheted version
  8. Mobius Mitts-Knit Version
  9. Narcissa Gloves
  10. Owlings
  11. Squirrel Fingerless Gloves
The Owlings are almost finished. Any fingerless gloves I knit for Bruce need to have the half fingers, which can be a crazy thing for me especially if the don't have them. The Owlings were one such pair of gloves. Some of them started as socks or mitts which I am adjusting to fingerless gloves because I love the designs so much. Curiosity is a Mystery KAL, which are loads of fun.


So I think I will be busy for a while.


Cora



 
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)