Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Friday, April 20, 2012

Yeah my vote is in!

Alison RedfordProgressive Conservatives 
Raj ShermanLiberals
Brian MasonNew Democrats
Glenn TaylorAlberta Party
Danielle SmithWildrose
So I went to the leaders debate at City Centre Mall. The CBC is in the most eastern part of the mall. It was a very lively discussion with some booing for Ms. Smith of the Wildrose. She clearly was not very popular with that crowd to the point that on twitter there was accusations that CBC "rigged" the studio audience with non-Wildrose supporters, which was crass. For the record...Glenn Taylor wasn't at the Leaders Debate as there were no seats held by the Alberta Party at the time time the writ was dropped. There is also the Evergreen Party of Alberta (The Green Party).

Sure there were people there who clearly supported certain candidates but it wasn't rigged. the issues are hot button issues and with some Wildrose candidates being outed as homophobic or racist certainly didn't help Ms. Smith's chances.

You can watch a replay of the debate here: CBC Leaders Debate and you can watch the Global's Leaders Debate here as well. 

At the end I got to quickly say hi to Brian Mason, Dr. Raj Sherman and even Allison Redford. I did try to talk to Ms. Smith, but her entourage wouldn't let me. I fact I was pushed aside by one one of them. I found out afterwards that I wasn't the only one either. Left quite a bad taste in my mouth! NOT GOOD! If you can't be approached as a candidate how approachable will you be if you are voted into office?

I am hope we will have a record turn out for voting and if yesterday at the advance polls is any indication...it could be.


Here is the website to find out where you vote either in the advance polls, running from April 19-21, 2012 or your polling station on Monday, April 23, 2012. There have been some issues with finding out where to vote, so the phone numbers for the returning officers on the website. If you know what riding you are in you can call the office to find out where you go to vote.


Cora

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)