Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Sunday, April 15, 2012

As you know I am passionate about animals....

have you ever wondered why I am concerned about dogs being offered for free on Kijiji or Craigslist...this why!
.
CRAIGSLIST WARNING!!!!!! (This was on Guardians of Rescue Facebook page)
Recently, we received a call on 2 puppies abandoned in a house in Brooklyn. We had them rescued and transported to us. Once we met them... we realized a horrible truth.....These dogs were not puppies, but we understand why the volunteer thought they were..... They were small, and very quiet. Turns out they were between 1-3 years old, and had been used for breeding quite extensively. 
People love their "designer" dogs and "rare" breeds. These were Boston Terrier/Pit mixes that had been used for breeding. They were starving and in bad shape. Upon further investigation we found several ads on craigslist in that area for "pocket pits" and "Olde Boston Bulldogges". The numbers were all bad. Looks like this breeder made their money off these angels or wasn't getting the right "look" so they just left them to die. This did not have to be.
Be smart when looking for a dog or cat. Be smart when you are trying to re-home a family pet.
Adopt... there are thousands of beautiful fur-babies looking for a home where you live. If you want to buy from a breeder.... Know that a good breeder checks references, they ask questions, they let you meet the parents...... they don't meet you in a parking lot and take your money and run. "Free to a good home" ad's open the door for a world of suffering for your cat or dog. If you can't keep them anymore contact a reputable shelter or a rescue group.
Please adopt from a local shelter or a rescue. Both of my dogs are adopted dogs. One is a long haired miniature dachshund (purebred) that came from P.A.W.S. for Life, her in Edmonton. Leo is a senior (11 this year, where has the time gone?). The other was from the Humane Society, also in Edmonton. Scrappy is considered a "designer" breed. He is a Foxy Doxie (Fox Terrier/Dachshund Cross), he is a dappled Wire Haired dog.

Leo (Feb 4, 2012)
Mom getting cuddles from Scrappy (April 15, 2012)


















They are both my buddies and I consider myself fortunate to have them in my life!


Cora


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)