Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Please don't Forget April is #DaffodilMonth in support for the fight against ALL cancers.

Since this is a crafty blog, I thought I would post some patterns so you can make your own daffodils to wear through April, or really anytime. Some will be free and some will be available in books or on-line.

So here we go :)

I love this one it is so simple yet beautiful!

This is just simply called Knitted Daffodil. The pattern is very simple and easy even for a beginner :D The white narcissus is knit exactly the same as the daffodil, just changing the colors.  

white narcissus with a daffodil
This one is called Daffodils by Planet June. They are crocheted and quite pretty :)
Crochet your own daffodils - perfect for spring! Make a bouquet of yarn flowers, or try one in thread as a beautiful pin or accessory. The pattern includes two different designs for petals and centres - mix and match colours and designs to create your own custom bouquet!
Daffodils
This Daffodils pattern is Donationware – the pattern is available for free, but if you like it please consider sending me a donation to show your appreciation: 


The next one is Daffodil Flower Knitting Pattern by Linda Dawkins. It is available as a Ravelry Download for $3.00. It is really very pretty!


Daffodil Flower Knitting Pattern by Linda Dawkins
Okay this is available for free on the Crochet Me website. It is called Daffodils of Spring by Rachel Borello Carroll.
Daffodils of Spring by Rachel Borello Carroll
Daffodils of Spring Wreath
This from 100 Flowers to Knit & CrochetTwo sizes of hooks are used, however the are not specified. Two sets of petals are crocheted and then joined for the formation of the trumpet. Yarn weight is a DK/8 ply (11 wpi) weight.
Daffodil by Lesley Stanfield
This one is really quite pretty :) I may just make this into a pin! It is called Daffodil Hexagon. It is designed  by Leonie Morgan. This pattern is available as a free Ravelry download. Free written pattern for a Daffodil Hexagon which measures 5 inches (13 cm) from point to point.
Daffodil Hexagon by Leonie Morgan





This Daffodil Flower Fairy by Lorna Pearman is absolutely adorable! It is available for sale individually ($5.00 USD) or as an ebook ($20.00 USD for 5 patterns)

Daffodil Flower Fairy by Lorna Pearman
Love the back story on this :)
According to Cicely Mary Barker, when a seed sprouts, a Flower Fairy baby is born, living in their chosen flower. As the flower grows, the fairy grows too, and is in charge of looking after their flower or plant, keeping it strong and healthy by making sure it has plenty of sunshine and water, sweeping away dead leaves, and polishing flowers and stems.
Here is the set....
Titania's Flower Fairies by Lorna Pearman
The back story...
Titania is the Queen of the Fairies in medieval folklore. This collection of 5 Flower Fairies includes Daffodil, Fuscia, Canterbury Bells, Chocolate Dahlia and Daylily.
This is an actual pin :) called Daffodil brooch applique hair accessory by Accessorise by Accessorise. This pattern is available for $4.70 USD  buy it now

Daffodil brooch applique hair accessory
This a really cute design! It is called Daffodil Spring Fairy - Amigurumi crochet pattern by Sayjai Thawornsupacharoen

Daffodil Spring Fairy

Sizes in inches: 
  • Fairy: 2 inches (sitting) 
  • Daffodil flower: 1.5 inches tall (excluding stem) 
  • Watering can diameter: 3 inches, tall: 3 inches

Sizes in cm: 
  • Fairy: 5.1 cm high (sitting) 
  • Daffodil flower: 3.8 cm tall (excluding stem) 
  • Watering can diameter: 7.6 cm, tall: 7.6 cm



This pattern is available for $5.99 USD  buy it now or  visit pattern website

Cora

(PS: My father passed in August of 1996 from lung cancer. He was born April 10, 1932. He was 64 years when he passed.)

Creative Commons License
This work by Cora Shaw is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG OMG, what inspirational and totally divine pictures, flowers, fairies and a watering can. Stuff to die for. I need to crochet cell phone covers for my daughers new Tracfone LG800G smart phones so they don't scratch their touch screens as they cost me $50 ea. You've inspired me to crochet white cell phone covers with yellow daffs on, well at least I'm going to try to crochet the daffs. I'm only paying $6/mnth for 40 minutes for my kids cell phone time, quite the bargain.
    I mainly crochet covers for nooks, ipads and cell phones and have so much fun decorating them with felt & fabric animal motives, felt and crocheted flowers, fabric dots and stripes. My book club friends love the home made look to their covers I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your doggy pics on your web header, I would really love to see more of them on future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that your dads birthday is tomorrow, I know how you will feel tomorrow, I'm in the same boat, I will never stop missing my dad and I almost take pleasure in the sadness I feel on his birthday or death date, I will never stop pining for my dad. I hope you will be ok tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)