Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Monday, February 13, 2012

Okay so I was on Ravelry this morning when I came across this adorable picture of Wil Wheaton.

Most notably know for his role as Ensign Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: Next Generation. Yes I am a geeky girl. I loved all the Star Treks, even Enterprise! Love me Scot Bakula! First saw him in Quantum Leap :) Anywhoo back to Wil Wheaton...so on the  ♥ LOVE ♥ ♣ LUCK ♣ ☺ LEAP ☺ SWAP thread we are asked questions. Week 2's question is 
WITH VALENTINE’S DAY RIGHT ROUND THE CORNER I THOUGHT IT WOULD FUN TO PLAN A ‘DREAM DATE’. WHO IS YOUR SECRET CRUSH??? A CELEBRITY, MUSICIAN … AN OLD BOYFRIEND PERHAPS? WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPEND A NICE ROMANTIC DINNER WITH??? (I KNOW MOST OF YOU WILL SAY HUSBAND/BOYFRIEND/PARTNER, BUT PICK SOMEONE ELSE FOR THIS ONE - IT’S MORE FUN/FUNNY THAT WAY!) 
AND… IF YOU DO PICK SOMEONE FAMOUS, TRY TO LINK/POST A PHOTO TOO ☺
So up popped this photo...of Wil Wheaton with a hand knit sock. Unfortunately Wil does not knit as stated in this postI don't know how to knit, but if I did, I would totally make this scarf and these socks.

The scarf is the Binary Scarf  and the Socks are Space Invader socks both available on www.knitty.com. Both are my favorites and one day I will knit them ;P

 So this prompted a Google search. There was some interesting posts and pictures out there.

This picture is not for the faint of heart or those with coulrophobia (fear of clowns).


Undone-The Sweater Post

Miniature Clown Sweater Replica
So the sweater Will was wearing inspired a miniature replica of the same sweater. Read more here and there are loads of pictures you can look at as well if you dare!


Then I came across these...super cool!
From Free Wil #1:  This was an idea I had a few months ago, inspired by the very amusing tweets of Wil Wheaton and his imagined conversations with his iTunes software and other (usually) non-speaking entities. But I have no actual drawing abilities, so I wasn’t sure how to make it happen. Then one day I was taking pictures with my digital camera, and it occurred to me I could pull the idea off by using pictures of action figures as the characters. And not just action figures, but LEGO minifigs as well. So, with the purchase of a few pieces of equipment and software, I’m in business. I have no idea if this will continue. But there’s enough material for a few dozen strips, so if I get any encouragement (and can find the time), I’ll do more. I hope you’ll enjoy – Free Wil!
Free Wil #1

Free Wil #2

Free Wil #3

Free Will #4
 Now I know what I can knit up for this pattern. Some Assembly Required 

Ok now onto this piece of a geekery needle craft project...yes the QR code does work.

Wil Wheaton Sprite X-Stitch

This was design by Menolly07 who is also on Twitter.


Cora

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)