Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I came across this article on Facebook...A warning it has disturbing video and content.


Vet releases disturbing pictures of injured pit bulls

Why do "people", and I mean that very loosely! Feel the need to fight dogs? Why? I love pit bulls, they are a beautiful and majestic dog. IF we had a bigger yard for one to be able to run and play then I would definitely adopt one. Seven dogs lost their lives due to what they went through. The vet thought the girls that had to be euthanized were actually bait dogs. Bait dogs and cats are used to train dogs to fight one another. Often these animals don't survive the injuries inflicted on them.

Where do they get these dogs and cats? the could be strays or found through Kijiji or craigslist. The ones that are found on craigslist or Kijiji are usually listed as "free to good home" or some other such thing. There is even a Facebook Page that provides more information. It is called Prevent Classifieds from Providing Bait Dogs. Check them out.

My husband and I have 2 dogs that we adopted, one from a rescue group and one from the Edmonton Humane Society. Both are dachshund although one is a terrier cross. i could never imagine hurting either dog, never mind "letting" a dog attack them all in the name of "fun".

There is a lot of misinformation about pit bulls primarily because of the "humans" who own them. Often it is gang members or criminals that own these animals and so they are trained to be "attack" or guard dogs.

So my thought is maybe we can flood the courts, police and sheriffs offices with pit bulls. So far i have only found a crocheted pit bull pattern here.

Pit Bull Ami Pattern  

Let me know what you think...

Cora

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)