Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This was on one of my dachshund groups, thought I would share it...


The Hubby with Scrappy
and Smokey


Leo and best friend Patches
Scrappy
Scrappy laying on the
bed, his favorite place

Leo, Scrappy and Tyger
on the couch
SMokey
Snowball

Patches




“Here in this house…
I will never know the loneliness I hear in the barks of the other dogs ‘out there’. 
I can sleep soundly, assured that when I wake, my world will not have changed. 
I will never know hunger, or the fear of not knowing if I’ll eat. 
I will not shiver in the cold, or grow weary from the heat. 
I will feel the sun’s heat, and the rain’s coolness, and be 
allowed to smell all that can reach my nose. 
My fur will shine, and never be dirty or matted.
Here in this house… There will be an effort to communicate with 
me on my level. I will be talked to and, even if I don’t understand, 
I can enjoy the warmth of the words. I will be given a name so that 
I may know who I am among many. 
My name will be used in joy, and I will love the sound of it!
Here in this house… I will never be a substitute for anything I am 
not. I will never be used to improve peoples’ images of themselves. I 
will be loved because I am who I am, not someone’s idea of who I 
should be. I will never suffer for someone’s anger, impatience, or 
stupidity. I will be taught all the things I need to know to be loved 
by all. If I do not learn my lessons well, they will look to my teacher for blame.
Here in this house… I can trust arms that hold, hands that touch… 
knowing that, no matter what they do, they do it for the good of me. 
If I am ill, I will be doctored. If scared, I will be calmed. If sad, I will be 
cheered. No matter what I look like, I will be considered beautiful 
and known to be of value.
I will never be cast out because I am too old, too ill, too unruly, or not 
cute enough. My life is a responsibility, and not an afterthought. I 
will learn that humans can almost, sometimes, be as kind and as fair 
as dogs.
Here in this house… I will belong. I will be home.”

Trenton rescued from a
Puppy Mill
Nic Nic who has had hundreds of volunteers looking for her in
Calgary. Nic Nic is a female Schnauzer rescued from another
Puppy Mill, along with Trenton and 7 others.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)