Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Friday, May 15, 2009

A really cool article on that arrived in my email about crochet. (Part 2)

In our CrochetMe More enewsletter, we have started a series on where to put the hook to create different fabric effects (if you're not signed up for CrochetMe More, head on over to the right side of your screen and click on "Get Our Enewsletter"). We're starting out with back-loop only (blo).

This is what double crochet looks like when worked through both loops:

IMG_3957_2

And this is what it looks like when worked through the back loop only:

IMG_3956_2

It makes a cool-looking ridged fabric that has more stretch than double crochet worked through both loops.

Here's how you do it. This is the top of the stitches:

IMG_3959_2

This is how you make a regular double crochet, worked through both loops:

IMG_3961_2

This is how you make double crochet through the back loop only:

IMG_3963_2

Simple, eh?

To make the Big-Bow Cardigan from the cover of our Winter issue, you work single crochet blo.

Happy looping,

Marcy

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)