Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Really neat analogy..

The Pit

A man fell into a pit and couldn’t get himself out.

A subjective person came along and said,
“I feel for you down there.”

An objective person walked by and said,
“It’s logical that someone would fall down there.”

A Pharisee said, “Only bad people fall into pits.”

A mathematician calculated how he fell into the pit.

A news reporter wanted the exclusive story on the pit.

An IRS agent asked if he was paying taxes on the pit.

A self-pitying person said,
“You haven’t seen anything until you’ve seen my pit.”

A fire-and-brimstone preacher said, “You deserve your pit.”

A Christian Scientist observed, “The pit is just in your mind.”

A psychologist noted,
“Your mother and father are to blame for your being in that pit.”

A self-esteem therapist said,
“Believe in yourself and you can get out of that pit.”

An optimist said, “Things could be worse.”

A pessimist claimed, “Things will get worse.”

A recovering Addict walked by and saw the man in the Pit
and jumped in with him.
The man said to the recovering addict ” You are crazy,
Why did you jump in this pit with me. Now we are both screwed.”
The recovering addict said, ” I jumped in the hole because,
when I was in a pit like this, another recovering addict jumped into it
and helped me out by using these 12 steps.”

Author Unknown

ETA: I just found this other quote, which I myself need to remember…

If you stop treating yourself poorly,
it will become unacceptable for others to do so.


This was on a recovery group I belong to.

Cora




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)