Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Boy am I glad to be back from Vancouver....

what a trip! First of all, we left on Thursday morning (March 13th) and arrived in Kamloops, BC Thursday night. We were exhausted and needless to say very tired. We drove in a a Subaru Outback, similar in style to this one. It is very cramped in the back so I was very sore and stiff. So we stayed at the Econo Lodge, next to the Harold's Family restaurant. The Lodge was very nice.

Friday morning we hopped into the car and headed along the Coquihalla to Vancouver. We had a very difficult time finding a hotel as they required a credit card, something that neither of us have. We found a wonderful hotel called the Cassandra Hotel, right on Kingsway. We went for dinner and my step daughter and hubby went off to the Orphium, for the Choir rehearsal. I wen to go visit some friends that I hadn't seen a loooooong time.

Saturday we went out to Port Coquitlam. I lost two very dear friends to a cold hearted murderer, Robert Pickton. The were missing for a number of years 1990's to when their DNA was found on the pig farm. We stopped at the location of the old farm. Someone had torn down the memorial that had been set up their to remember the 27 women we know he killed an the many that are still missing. It was so sad, like the city of Port Coquitlam wanted to erase the memory of these women and the atrocities committed in that city on that land. My husband and I bought flowers and we left them there, one for Georgina and one for Brenda. It was a very sad moment and one I won't soon forget.

Saturday night was the concert.

The Armed Man has been taking the UK by storm since its premiere performance at London's Albert Hall in 2000. The Mass was described by the Times of London as a "firebomb of orchestral and human voices". The first half of the concert is the much anticipated premiere performance of John Estacio's The Houses Stand Not Far Apart. The Richard Eaton Singers of Edmonton share the stage with Conductor Bruce Pullan, the Vancouver Bach Choir, the Vancouver Symphony and soloists, Kathryn Domoney, soprano, Jennifer Enns Modolo, mezzo and Aaron St. ClairNicholson, baritone.

This was a beautiful and well done performance. What a way to end the day! We went back to the hotel to rest up and then to get ready to go back home. We decided to split the trip up, again. We stopped in Merritt and visited the Merritt Walk of Stars, which is really cool to look at. There are also some great murals of the many stars, both past and present, on many of the stores walls. Checkout the website. We stayed in Kamloops at the same hotel, including the same room. Hubby and I took some time for ourselves and left the step daughter at the hotel room.

Sunday we drove straight on through to Jasper, stopping for lunch, then onto Edmonton as I had a shift that I was doing for the Make Taxes Pay that is volunteer run program so that people with low income can get their taxes done with out paying outrageous fees to get their taxes done.

I am sore and stiff today, which should go away in a day or two. Hope to have pictures up of the trip, soon. It was a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)