Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Sunday, January 27, 2008

THE STARFISH

This came from another group I belong to.

Cora

THE STARFISH
Author anonymous

Once upon a time there was a wise man who used to go to the
Ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach
Before he began his work.

One day he was walking along the shore. As he looked down the
Beach, he saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to
Himself to think of someone who would dance to the day. So he
Began to walk faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he saw that it was a young man and the young
Man wasn't dancing, but instead he was reaching down to the shore,
Picking up something and very gently throwing it into the ocean.

As he got closer he called out, "Good morning! What are you doing?"

The young man paused, looked up and replied, "Throwing starfish
In the ocean."

"I guess I should have asked, why are you throwing starfish in the
Ocean?"

"The sun is up and the tide is going out. And if I don't throw them in
They'll die."

"But, young man, don't you realize that there are miles and miles of
Beach and starfish all along it. You can't possibly make a difference!"

The young man listened politely. Then bent down, picked another
Starfish and threw it into the sea, past the breaking waves and said,
"It made a difference for that one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)