Anything Knitted and Crocheted

Welcome to my blog. I hope to blog about my knitting and crocheting as well as everyday life. The patterns that I post are original and as such there is copyright on them. When they are based on another pattern there is a link to the pattern.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a dachshund and absolutely adorable! we adopted him on June 23, 2010 and he has become the love of our lives.

I love to share patterns that I find along the way or to talk about some of the neatest designers that are out there today, so I love to post links to the designs or the designers.

So grab a cup a and sit and enjoy the blog.


Cora

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A very important article.

After reading some articles from Caraand this article: A Call for Manners in the World of Nasty Blogs, I thought I would talk with you all on my feelings about the anonymity of the world of blogs.

I guess I have been lucky, I had only one bad comment, which the author deleted, and she later apologized and explained what her concerns were more clearly in a private email. I remember being hurt as I have worked hard on the patterns and on this blog. Trying to show who I am with out giving out to much information.

Over the years I have dealt with cyberstalking and have been fortunate that it has abated. I have been involved in a number of causes including the decriminalizing of prostitution, which can really tick off the religious right. I have had to two identities on the net, to protect my identity and I feel that I shouldn't have to. I lost 2 close friends on the pig farm in Port Coquitlam, BC. It hurts not being able to acknowledge this part of my life. I have been in recovery from alcoholism and these were women who lost hope, although they were trying.

I know my blog is about knitting and crochet, however, as we are approaching Thanksgiving I have been thinking of the girls. I wonder what nasty comments I am going to get for writing this. I get tired of the judgments because of what someone thinks, believes or views, whether political or religious.

I needed to get this off my chest. As I see the blogs of women and knitters being closed down or changed because of the nastiness that is the web. A designer tht I really like, Eunny Jang, changed her blog from here to here because of this issue in addition to getting her dream job with Interweave Knits.

I am not sorry for the rant. My hope is that people will look at one another and see that we are still human with all the issues that we have. Please lets look at the similarities that we share and not the differences.

Cora

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or concerns please direct them to craftygal1965{at}gmail.com. Any other comments please leave here. Please no external links, thank you.

Thank you

Cora Shaw (formerly Levesque)